Friday, November 2, 2007

Zigazagzah


I had a fun time last night.
Just being a girl and eating chocolate.
Dancing in the rain.

We remembered how most girls are stupid,
excluding ourselves of course.
We wondered if urine particles float in the air after you flush the toilet,
and if it was necessary to hide your toothbrush under the sink.
We talked about creepy boys,
comparing and contrasting our personal stories.

Sometimes I think I don't have enough responsibility in my life.
I have one big one: my future.
And another big one: my present.
Those are pretty ginormous.
But selfish.

I am in a class called Development Studies.
It pushes facts in my face impolitely.
It shouts at me, "People are suffering for YOUR coffee!"
I still drink Starbucks because it tastes better. Fuck me.

I want to do something.
Have a responsibility for someone ELSE.
But the culture in which I inhale and exhale says, "No."
I am engaged in a battle for the colour of my soul.

It would be much easier to forget this.
To dance and eat chocolate and talk about boys.
But the battle rages on.
Life is still good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

shannon
i
love
you